Boston Arts Academy is housed in a former warehouse that is over 100 years old, directly across the street from the historic Fenway Park. Until September, 2015, BAA shared its building with Fenway High School. Space limitations forced our students to rehearse in hallways, take classes in under-sized studios, and do without an onsite stage or auditorium. Fenway High School has now relocated to a new building, allowing BAA to address some of our most pressing academic limitations.
Our aging building, however, does still not fully support our dual arts and academic curriculum. We are very pleased to be working with Mayor Martin Walsh, the Massachusetts School Building Authority (MSBA), the City of Boston, and the Boston Public Schools on plans for a substantive renovation of our building.
- Fenway Community Meeting, June 19, 2018
- Boston School Building Committee Vote: MSBA Submission Nov 9, 2017
- School Building Community Meeting, October 26, 2017
- Letter from Superintendent Tommy Chang, May 15, 2017
- School Building Community Meeting, May 11, 2017
- School Building Committee Meeting, January 24, 2017
- Fenway Community Outreach Meeting, January 12, 2017
- Friends and Family Meeting, November 9, 2016