Seniors: Today is a Great Day to Apply for Scholarships
Seniors: If you haven’t already started, now is a great time to apply for scholarships! Below are some wonderful scholarship opportunities and resources. More can be found each week in the Weekly Bulletin.
- The Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award | Amount: up to $10,000 | Monday, March 4. Open to underclassmen as well as seniors, this scholarship invites classical instrumentalists, vocalists, and composers to apply for this award that can be used towards their continued study of music. Winners of the award will also have the opportunity to perform on NPR’s From the Top. Click here to learn more.
- Pauline Elizabeth Hopkins Memorial High School Scholarship and Creative Writing Awards | Amount: Two $200 awards | Deadline: Friday, March 15. These scholarships are available to college-bound African American female students of Boston and Cambridge Public Schools systems, and were established to raise public awareness about the fascinating nineteenth- and early-twentieth century literature, editorial projects, political activism, and performing arts career of African American writer Pauline Elizabeth Hopkins. The awards will be given to the students who pen the best essay and best creative piece on the topic of social justice. Click here for more information and to apply.
- 2019 Yo Soy LOLA Scholarships | Amount: Three $3000 awards | Deadline: Monday, March 18. Founded in 2017, Yo Soy LOLA’s annual production takes place in October, showcasing Latinas in the performing arts. Our net proceeds fund scholarships for Latina identifying artists seeking to make a direct impact in their communities.
Scholarship Applicants must be:
- Latina-identifying individuals
- Pursuing a future in the arts through post-secondary education at universities, community colleges, or trade schools.
- Attending or enrolled in their program of choice in Fall 2019.
Click here for more information and to apply.
- LULAC National Scholarship Fund | Amount: $250 to $2,000 | Deadline: Sunday, March 31. The LNSF offers three tiers of awards based on a student’s GPA and SAT scores. While LULAC is a Latin American organization, the scholarship application is open to graduating seniors of all races and ethnicities. View details and application here.
- Greater Boston Real Estate Board Scholarship | Amount: $500 to $5,000 | Deadline: Monday, April 1. UAspire presents the GBREB Scholarship for graduating seniors living in the Boston or Greater Boston Area. Applicants must demonstrate leadership experience, extracurricular involvement, and academic achievement. Requirements include a short answer and essay. Click here to apply.
- NAWAMA Visual Arts Scholarship | Amount: $1,500 | Deadline: Monday, April 1. The Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association of Women Artists, Inc. (www.nawama.org) fosters and promotes awareness and interest in visual art created by women in the United States. We strive to encourage contemporary and emerging artists through exhibitions, educational programs and scholarships. In keeping with its mission, NAWAMA is awarding two $1,500 scholarships to two 2019 graduates. Eligibility: Any female student who will be graduating from a Massachusetts High School. The candidate must be attending college in the fall of 2019 with a major in Fine Arts. Click here to apply or email Scholarship Chair Rosalie Cuticchia at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
- University Club of Boston’s Future Leaders of Boston Scholarship | Amount: up to $20,000 | Deadline: Monday, April 8. Scholarships will be granted to five graduates of Boston’s district, pilot and charter schools. Applicants must submit strong leadership potential and financial need. The scholarship is renewable for all four years. More details and the application can be found here.
- City of Boston Scholarship | Amount: $2,500 per year for 4 years | Deadline: Friday, April 12. This need-based scholarship is open to all graduating seniors who have lived in Boston for two or more years. Fill out the application here.
- Scholarships: Going Merry is an awesome new scholarship website. It makes it simple to find and apply for scholarships, just like the Common App has done for college applications! Click here to check it out!
- MEFA Scholarships for the New Year: www.mefa.org/scholarships-for-the-new-year.
- Here’s an additional resource for scholarships: studentscholarships.org.