Seniors: Scholarships Resource
Seniors: If you haven’t already started, now is a great time to apply for scholarships! Below are some wonderful scholarship opportunities and resources. More can be found each week in the Weekly Bulletin.
- Ocean Awareness Contest | Amount: up to $1,500 | Deadline: Monday, June 17. This contest is a call for young artists, thinkers, and activists who are concerned about the future of our human and natural communities to use their creative voices to explore, express, and advocate for issues related to climate change and our oceans. Create a piece about a coastal/marine species, place, or system in 2019 that will be threatened, altered, or lost due to climate change. Submissions accepted in: Visual Art, Poetry, Prose, Music, Film. Click here for additional details and to apply.
- The ALKU Scholarship | Amount: $20,000 | Deadline: Friday, June 28. Created in 2015 by ALKU CEO and Founder and MMP Board Member, Mark Eldridge, the ALKU Scholarship is a $20,000 college scholarship for rising high school seniors. Through Mark’s leadership and generosity, the scholarship provides youth the opportunity to apply for financial support to achieve their full potential as they pursue their college careers. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Kearns Louis-Jean Memorial Scholarship | Amount: 2 Awards for $1,000 | Deadline: Sunday, June 30. The Kearns Louis-Jean Memorial Scholarship is awarded to students of color within Boston, and neighboring cities/town, who are entering their first year of college, and pursuing a degree within STEM. KLJ Way will be awarding TWO $1,000 scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year. $500.00 will be awarded per semester. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Scholarships: Going Merry is an awesome new scholarship website. It makes it simple to find and apply for scholarships, just like the Common App has done for college applications! Click here to check it out!
- MEFA Scholarships for the New Year: www.mefa.org/scholarships-for-the-new-year.
- Here’s an additional resource for scholarships: studentscholarships.org.