Seniors: Today is a Great Day to Apply for Scholarships
Seniors: If you haven’t already started, now is a great time to apply for scholarships! Below are some wonderful scholarship opportunities and resources. More can be found each week in the Weekly Bulletin.
- BAA Family Council Scholarship | Amount: $750 | Deadline: Friday, May 24. The Family Council would like to extend an invitation for all college-bound seniors to apply for a scholarship sponsored by Family Council. The Council awards four (4) scholarships of $750 each to students who exhibit the BAA spirit of giving back to the community. These scholarships help mitigate the financial burden tuition imposes on students and their families. The scholarships can be used to cover expenses that are not typically considered such as: books, lab fees, transportation, food and more.
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines Association of Massachusetts Scholarship | Amount: up to $500 | Deadline: Friday, May 31. The purpose of the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Association of Massachusetts, Inc. is to promote education and cultural awareness among the people of St. Vincent and the Grenadines in Massachusetts. SVGA of Mass. Inc. is offering three scholarships for its Annual Scholarship Awards and is currently accepting applications from College bound students who are:
- a) St. Vincent and the Grenadines nationals or of Vincentian parentage
- b) A Non-Vincentian
Click here for more information and to apply.
- The Houda Hage Memorial Scholarship | Amount: $1000 | Deadline: Sunday, June 9. The Houda Hage Memorial Scholarship, established in 2019, is a tribute to the memory of Houda Hage. Houda grew up in Lebanon and Haiti and passed away in June of 2018; In Houda’s honor, this scholarship will be awarded to one graduating Haitian or Lebanese high school senior in support of his/her efforts to pursue a given passion or aspiration. Click here to apply.
- The Friends of the Dudley Branch Library Memorial Scholarship Fund | Amount: $1,000 | Deadline: June 15. Two scholarships will be offered to two deserving high school seniors who are residents of the Roxbury/Dorchester communities (zip codes 02119, 02120, 02121, 02122, 02124 and 02125) and are slated to graduate in June 2019. The applicant should be accepted to attend a college or any institution of higher learning in the fall of 2019. Click here for scholarship details and to apply.
- Ocean Awareness Contest | Amount: up to $1,500 | Deadline: Monday, June 17. This contest is a call for young artists, thinkers, and activists who are concerned about the future of our human and natural communities to use their creative voices to explore, express, and advocate for issues related to climate change and our oceans. Create a piece about a coastal/marine species, place, or system in 2019 that will be threatened, altered, or lost due to climate change. Submissions accepted in: Visual Art, Poetry, Prose, Music, Film. Click here for additional details and to apply.
- The ALKU Scholarship | Amount: $20,000 | Deadline: Friday, June 28. Created in 2015 by ALKU CEO and Founder and MMP Board Member, Mark Eldridge, the ALKU Scholarship is a $20,000 college scholarship for rising high school seniors. Through Mark’s leadership and generosity, the scholarship provides youth the opportunity to apply for financial support to achieve their full potential as they pursue their college careers. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Kearns Louis-Jean Memorial Scholarship | Amount: 2 Awards for $1,000 | Deadline: Sunday, June 30. The Kearns Louis-Jean Memorial Scholarship is awarded to students of color within Boston, and neighboring cities/town, who are entering their first year of college, and pursuing a degree within STEM. KLJ Way will be awarding TWO $1,000 scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year. $500.00 will be awarded per semester. Click here for more information and to apply.
- Scholarships: Going Merry is an awesome new scholarship website. It makes it simple to find and apply for scholarships, just like the Common App has done for college applications! Click here to check it out!
- MEFA Scholarships for the New Year: www.mefa.org/scholarships-for-the-new-year.
- Here’s an additional resource for scholarships: studentscholarships.org.