Seniors: Scholarship Resources
Seniors: If you haven’t already started, now is a great time to apply for scholarships! Below are some wonderful scholarship opportunities and resources. More can be found each week in the Weekly Bulletin.
- City of Boston Scholarship Fund
Award: $10,000 over the course of four years ($2,500 for each year).
DEADLINE: Deadline is Friday, April 10, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
ELIGIBILITY:Boston residents for at least two years as of January 1, 2020
Graduated from high school or completed the G.E.D. by August 1, 2020
For new college goers who Plan to enroll as a full-time student in a two-year or four-year university or college in the state of Massachusetts
Need based scholarship
Good academic standingFind Application here: https://www.boston.gov/education/city-boston-scholarship-fund
- Rockland Trust Scholarship is awarding 11 $2,500 scholarships to high school seniors entering college during the fall semester of 2020. The application opened Mon. January 20th and the deadline to apply is Mon. March 16th at 12:00 PM EST. Students can apply online by clicking the link here.
- Intertech Foundation STEM Scholarship
Details: Submit a high school transcript, resume, two letters of recommendation, and one-page essay speaking to what you hope to accomplish after college graduationEligibility: Open to all current college students and college-bound high school seniors planning to study computer science and with a GPA of 3.3 or higherPrize: $2,500Deadline: March 15th
- Odenza Marketing Group ScholarshipDetails: Submit answers to two essay questions speaking to (1) a city that you believe would benefit your future career and (2) why you believe you should receive this scholarshipEligibility: Open to all high school and college students who are citizens of the U.S. are Canada and are ages 16-25 with at least one full year of college remaining and at least a 2.5 GPAPrize: $500
Deadline: March 30th
- Madbury Road Design Success Award ScholarshipDetails: Create a 2-minute video describing your favorite design idea and layout for outdoor furniture and whyEligibility: Open to all students currently enrolled in collegePrize: $1,000
Deadline: March 31st
- Frame My Future 2019 ContestDetails: Submit an original creation explaining what you hope to accomplish in your life (both personal and professional) after college. You may use poetry, photography, ink, collage, painting, mixed media, or graphic design.Eligibility: Open to any legal U.S. resident who will be a full-time student at a U.S. college or university in the 2019-20 academic yearPrize: $5,000
Deadline: April 1st
- AFSA Scholarship ContestDetails: Read an essay about fire sprinklers and then answer an open-book, ten-question quizEligibility: Open to all high school seniors who are U.S. citizens or legal residents and planning to enroll in college by Fall 2019Prize: $2,000
Deadline: April 1st
- Ocean Awareness ContestDetails: The 2020 Ocean Awareness Contest is a call for young artists, conservationists, makers, thinkers, and activists who are concerned about the future of our blue planet. Join thousands of youth around the world in our annual program that raises awareness about the climate crisis and potential solutions, uplifts youth voices for ocean conservation, and inspires hope and action through art, creative media, and storytelling.Click here for additional details and to apply.Amount: up to $1,500
Deadline: Monday, June 15
For Rising High School Seniors:
- The ALKU ScholarshipDetails: Created in 2015 by ALKU CEO and Founder and MMP Board Member, Mark Eldridge, the ALKU Scholarship is a $20,000 college scholarship for rising high school seniors. Through Mark’s leadership and generosity, the scholarship provides youth the opportunity to apply for financial support to achieve their full potential as they pursue their college careers. Click here for more information and to apply.Amount: $20,000Deadline: Friday, June 28.
- Kearns Louis-Jean Memorial ScholarshipDetails: The Kearns Louis-Jean Memorial Scholarship is awarded to students of color within Boston, and neighboring cities/town, who are entering their first year of college, and pursuing a degree within STEM. KLJ Way will be awarding TWO $1,000 scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year. $500.00 will be awarded per semester. Click here for more information and to apply.Amount: 2 Awards for $1,000 for the 2020-2021 academic yearDeadline: Sunday, June 30.
- Scholarships: Going Merry is an awesome scholarship website. It makes it simple to find and apply for scholarships, just like the Common App has done for college applications! Click here to check it out!