BAA presents: The Wiz! January 27 & 28 at The Strand Theatre
The Wiz – a Musical Theater performance by Boston’s next generation of artists studying at Boston Arts Academy
On Friday, January 27th, from 5:30 to 7:30 pm we invite you to join us for drinks and snacks at an exclusive opening night pre-reception in the mezzanine of The Strand Theater. Please note that the reception is a 21+ event.
Thank you to our partners and sponsors: Eaton Vance Management, iCapital, and Mass Cultural Council.
The Wiz, a musical inspired by The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, is an urbanized retelling of L. Frank Baum’s classic 1900 children’s novel in the context of modern African-American culture.
Directed by Maura Tighe, BAA Theatre Faculty, the students and faculty of Boston Arts Academy are collaborating across disciplines to bring you a production to remember!
Join us in celebrating the success of our students. From front of house to back, they are managing all aspects of the performance and they can’t wait to show you what the future of musical theater in Boston has to offer.
The runtime of the production is approximately 2 hours with one 10 minute intermission.
Check out this video for a sneak preview!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Will tickets be available at the door? Tickets can be purchased at the door using cash or credit card.
- How do I order online?
- How do I print my ticket?
- Tickets can be printed at time of purchase using the “print your ticket” link.
- Tickets can be printed using your email address or order confirmation number. (Scroll to the bottom of the Brown Paper Tickets homepage and click on “Track Your Order” under “Ticket Buyers”. When prompted, enter your email address or order confirmation number to bring up your purchase order. Click on “Print Your Tickets”.)
- Tickets can be printed from the email confirmation that you received from your online ticket purchase using the link provided.
- Do I need to show a ticket at the door? Yes, tickets are required in order to gain entrance to the show.
- What if I bought online and do not have my ticket?
- You can print your ticket prior to the show using the instructions above.
- If you forget your ticket, we can check your name on a list that will be kept at the door.
- What if I want to buy in advance but do not want to give my credit card online? For a period of time, Ms. Gomez will be selling tickets in BAA’s main office. These tickets will be sold for cash only. Please have cash available at time of purchase.
- Can I reserve seats in advance? Tickets are for general admission. But the good news is that there are no bad seats at the Strand Theatre.
- How will I know if a show is sold out? If the show is sold out, we will inform the community through our weekly bulletin and on our website.
- Will you cancel if there is a Snowstorm? Unless the city of Boston declares a state of emergency, the show must go on!