9th Grade Field Trip to George’s Island – 10/3/18
We are excited to share that we will be continuing your 9th Grade Student Orientation and strengthening our school culture through a community building field trip. All 9th grade students will be participating in a field trip to George’s Island.
The day will consist of:
- community-building activities with other 9th graders and BAA staff.
- tour of the historic Fort Warren, and its connection to the Civil War.
Our vision is that this field trip will support our initiatives in building a strong BAA climate and culture!
What you need to know:
- We are meeting at at 8:45 am at South Station (red line), street level, underneath the clock, at the corner of Atlantic Avenue and Summer street.
- You will walk 10 minutes with BAA staff to Long Wharf, (66 Long Wharf, Boston, MA 02110) to take a ferry.
- You will engage in community building activities and a Fort Warren tour. (There’s a myth that it’s haunted. Find out for yourself!)
- We will take a ferry back to Long Wharf, and arrive at 4pm. You will be dismissed from Long Wharf, which is near the red, blue, and silver lines. Teachers will check in with you about your transportation plan home.
- This is a no cost trip. BAA is providing a sandwich lunch from Boston Harbor catering and a snack.
- The field trip runs rain or shine. Please dress appropriately.
- If you need help on October 3, please call Dr. Jackman at 617-543-7047.
Any questions, please contact Dr. Jackman or Ms. Bautista.