2019 Graduation: Info for Guests, Grads, and Performers
Date: Monday, June 10th, 2019
Location: Shubert Theatre | 265 Tremont St. | Boston, MA 02116
With special guest Susan Jaffe as our Commencement Speaker!
*No food, drinks, or balloons are allowed in the theatre*
INFORMATION FOR SENIORS
10:45am – Seniors who are performing or presenting during the graduation ceremony. Arrive at the Shubert Theatre (265 Tremont St.) for tech rehearsal.
12:30pm – ALL seniors arrive at the Shubert Theatre (265 Tremont St.) to check-in and prepare for the processional.
- If you are a Graduate with Distinction, are graduating with Service Honors, or are graduating with Honors in the Arts, please bring the cords that you will receive at the Senior Awards Ceremony.
- Doors will open for families and guests at 1:30pm.
- Immediately following the ceremony, you are welcome to pose for pictures with family, friends, faculty, and staff in the alley adjacent to the Shubert Theatre.
- Questions? Please contact Ms. Booth: firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION FOR JUNIORS
10:45am – Juniors who are performing during the ceremony arrive at the Shubert Theatre (265 Tremont St.) for tech rehearsal.
1:00pm – ALL juniors arrive at Emerson College’s Bill Bordy (216 Tremont St.) to check-in and prepare for the processional.
4:00pm – The ceremony ends and you are dismissed
- Please wear: Professional, formal event appropriate clothes. Completely white tops and completely black pants/skirts.
- What to bring: If there is a chance of rain, please bring an umbrella.
- What NOT to bring: Large bags – you will carry your belongings with you to the ceremony, so pack light.
- Questions? Please contact your Seminar teacher.
*Sophomores and freshmen – there are no regular classes on this day. However, if you are performing at the ceremony, please arrive at the Shubert Theatre (265 Tremont St.) by 10:45am for tech rehearsal.
*NOTE FOR ALL GUESTS REGARDING SECURITY: The Boch Center is committed to providing a safe, secure, and enjoyable environment for our guests, staff, and performers during all performances and events held at the Wang and Shubert Theatres. For everyone’s safety, all guests entering the Wang or Shubert Theatre will be scanned with handheld and/or walk through metal detectors and have their belongings searched. The Boch Center reserves the right to confiscate prohibited items and/or those that are in breach of building policies or those that pose danger or disruption to the performance or other guests. A list of prohibited items can be found here. Any guest who declines to be screened by these methods may be denied entry or ejected from our Theatres. Anyone in need of assistance during an event should inform one of the Center’s staff members who will provide the appropriate assistance.